A Mac address provides a secure way to find senders or receivers in your network and protects against unwanted network access. There are a couple of reasons why you would be interested in knowing how to locate your Mac address on your Dell Laptop.
For instance, you might consider sifting through some gadgets out of the network while establishing a router for additional security.
What you’ll learn today:
- 2 Methods on How To Find Mac Address On Dell Laptop (With Pictures)
- How To Find Mac Address on Mobile, Linux, Chromebook, and Mac OS.
You may also want to know your PC and Mac address to analyze or resolve some PC network issues. Here’s a complete guide on how to find Mac Addresses on your device.
What Is a Mac Address?
A Mac address is a sort of identifier for a gadget that interfaces with the web. Mac Address is unique for every network. Therefore, it is an all-time attachment to gadgets and cannot be changed.
Mac address has 48 bits in length. The manufacturer’s identity is traceable by the initial 24 bits. The last 24 bits are a number created by the producer so that every device has a prevalent Mac address.
This is an example of Mac Address, 30-33-4R-01-A3
How To Find Mac Address On Dell Laptop? Step-By-Step
Two easy and convenient ways exist to find a Mac address in a Dell laptop. Your chosen method depends on locating the Mac address and how effortless the technique is to you. The methods include – Using a Command Prompt or going into Network Connection Settings.
Method 1 – Find Mac Address In Windows with Command Prompt
The quickest method to discover the Mac address is through the Command Prompt following these steps:
1. On the taskbar, search Command Prompt or type ‘cmd’ in the search box. If you have a less established variant of Windows, you can right CLICK on the Start button and select the ‘command prompt’ from the menu.
2. Type in ipconfig/all and then click enter. A black-looking screen will appear, but it should not concern you.
3. Find the physical address of the adapter. A lot of data will show up; you get to the network adapter with a physical address by scrolling down. The strings of letters and numbers in 12 digits are the Mac Address of your Dell Laptop, denoted in front of the Physical Address.
The above 3 steps can be performed on your Dell laptop with Windows 10. The 1st method is relatively easier than the second one. Method 2 is not complicated; let’s get into the second method.
Method 2 – Find Mac Address In Windows in Network Connection Settings
- Click on the ‘view network’ status and task icon at the bottom right. It is in the exact location with the Wi-Fi connection details.
- Choose Network and Sharing Center at the bottom of the screen.
- Find your current Wi-Fi connection by checking for your Wi-Fi name.
- Find the physical address by clicking on the ‘details’ button that pops up.
How To Find Mac Address On Mac OS?
- Click on the menu to open system preferences.
- Click on “network.”
- On the left-hand side, select the name of your current Wi-Fi connection.
- Select “Advanced” in the lower right corner.
- The device, Mac address, will be indicated at the lower part.
How To Find Mac Address On Linux?
- Launch the terminal.
- Enter (ifconfig) in the terminal.
- Your Mac address is displayed in the first sentence of the output.
How To Find Mac Address On Mobile?
The following steps apply in most circumstances:
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner to select ‘About the device.’
- Tap advanced.
- At the bottom, the Mac address will display.
- While on the Home menu, click on ‘setting.’
- Click on ‘general’.
- Click on ‘about.’
- Obtain your Mac address by scrolling down to and recording the WIFI address.
How To Find Mac Address On Chromebook?
- Switch on your Chromebook.
- Snap the status icon for the account picture to show up.
- Click on the network segment that reads the network ‘you are connected to.’
- Select your network at the top part of the box that shows up.
- The Mac address is in the displayed window and is labeled as ‘Wi-Fi.’
How To Find Mac Address On HP Laptop Windows 10?
First, right-click the Start button and choose ‘Command Prompt’ from the taskbar. Then type in ‘ipconfig/all’ then press ‘Enter.’ A display of your network connections will show; the values close to ‘physical address’ is your Mac address.
How To Get Mac Address Windows 10 Without Logging In?
Begin by clicking the ‘Start button’ and choose system information to open the application. The component’s part should expand as well as the network branch. Select the adapter alternative and the connector you want, and finally, confirm your Mac address.
The alternative methods I have shared above, which explain quick and easy locate a Mac address, are the best and easiest to apply. Considering your type of device, you can use one that suits you.
So that was it for your query “how to find Mac address on Dell Laptop” with a picture guide step-by-step. If you have any questions, drop them in the comments, and I’ll get back to you with a solution.
You would also like these (Give it a read):
- How To Reduce Screen Size On HP Laptop?
- 5 Best Asus Laptop Cases Review
- How To Connect Laptop To Vizio Smart TV Wirelessly?
- How To Use Docking Station With Laptop Closed?
- How To Remove McAfee Endpoint Encryption From Laptop?
- How To Connect Dell Laptop To Printer Wirelessly?
- How To Install Software On A Laptop Without CD Drive
- How To Get Sticker Residue Off Laptop?
- How To Charge A Laptop Without A Charger?
- How Much Does It Cost To Fix A Laptop Screen?
- How To Use Laptop As Monitor For Xbox One?
- How To Track A Stolen Laptop Without Tracking Software?
- How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV?
- How To Remove Computrace From A Laptop?
- How To Connect Wii U To Laptop?
- Why My Laptop Is Not Connecting To Mobile Hotspot?
- How To Turn On Wifi On Dell Laptop Without Keyboard?
- How To Remove School Administrator From Chromebook?