You’re bound to run into issues when you use your computer for an extended period. Thankfully, you can solve many of these problems with simple troubleshooting hacks or a technician’s help, while others might require drastic measures like a factory reset.
Factory resetting your Acer Nitro 5 takes the same steps as most other Windows computers. However, it would be best to use a factory reset as a last resort when nothing else works to fix the issue on your Nitro 5 laptop.
This article will take you through a step-by-step guide on factory resetting your Acer Nitro 5. It’ll also educate you on everything you need about resetting your laptop.
Does A Factory Reset Delete Everything?
Restoring your computer to factory settings will delete everything on your computer unless you have a backup prior. It’ll return the computer to how it was after Acer manufactured it in terms of software. However, you can perform a partial factory reset which will only remove apps and setting settings but lets you keep personal files.
How To Factory Reset Acer Nitro 5? (Step-By-Step)
You can reset your laptop using the Acer Care Center, the Windows recovery environment, or a disk or USB drive. This section will provide you with step-by-step processes on how you can factory reset your Acer laptop using various methods.
There are three ways in which you can factory reset your Acer Nitro 5; I’ve mentioned all three of them below:
1. Via Acer Care Center
Following these steps, you can reset your Acer Nitro 5 if you have Acer Care Center installed on your computer.
- Go to the search box and type in recovery. After which, you’ll click on Acer recovery management.
- Select Recovery Management.
- The computer will take you to the Acer care center; click on get started to begin the reset process.
- On the next screen, click “Remove Everything.”
- Click “Just Remove My Files” or “Remove Files and Clean the Drive” to reset the computer. Note that clicking on the former will only remove the files and apps on your computer, while the latter option will clear everything you have on the laptop, returning it to its factory state.
- Click reset to confirm the command, and the computer will initiate the factory reset process.
2. Factory Reset Your Acer Nitro 5 via The Windows Recovery Environment
Alternatively, you can factory reset your Acer Nitro 5 using the Windows Recovery Environment if the computer refuses to boot up normally. Follow these instructions to do so!
- Turn off your laptop and remove all external devices like printers, USB drives, etc.
- Press the power button to turn on your Acer Nitro 5.
- Press the Alt and F10 keys simultaneously when the Acer logo appears on your screen, and the computer will take you to an options screen.
- Click “Troubleshoot” on the options screen and “Reset this PC” on the next.
- Click the “Remove Everything” option to factory reset your device completely.
- On the next screen, the computer will provide you with two options. “Just Remove my Files” or “Fully Clean the Drive.” Click on the second option for a full factory reset.
- Click on Reset to complete the process, and the computer will commence the factory reset procedure. It may take a while for the computer to reset fully.
3. Via Your Nitro 5 Settings
The most straightforward way to factory reset your Acer Nitro 5 is through the laptop’s settings. These steps work on all Windows 10 and 11 computers, even if they’re not from Acer. Follow these steps to reset the computer through the device settings.
- Click on the search box on your computer and type in reset.
- From the search results, click on “Reset this PC.”
- The computer will take you to the recovery menu, where you must select reset this PC again.
- On the next page, click on “Remove Everything.”
- Click on “Remove Files and Clean the Drive.”
- The computer will display a little warning about the implications of your action. Click on “Reset” to confirm the command.
How To Factory Reset Acer Nitro 5 Without Password?
You can reset your Acer laptop without a password using an installation or repair disk. Alternatively, you can use the Alt+F10 buttons to reset your device if you can’t remember the password. Pressing the buttons after you boot the system and following the appropriate instructions would be best.
How To Factory Reset Acer Nitro 5 Windows 11?
You can factory reset your Nitro 5 laptop running Windows 11 through your device settings. Simply go to the recovery menu under the system options in the Settings app, and you’ll see an option to reset your laptop. Click on this option and follow the instructions to reset your Nitro 5 computer running Windows 11.
How To Reset Acer Nitro 5 Battery?
Resetting your Acer Nitro 5 battery is necessary if you’re experiencing charging or power issues with your computer. To reset your Nitro 5 battery, use a pin to press the pinhole near your device battery. You should turn off your Nitro 5 and disconnect it from the power source before attempting the reset.
How To Factory Reset Acer Laptop From Boot Menu?
Power On your laptop and press the F10 and Alt keys simultaneously when the Acer logo appears to enter the boot menu. Click on troubleshoot, then click on reset your PC and confirm to factory reset your Acer laptop.
Why Did My Acer Nitro 5 Stuck While Factory Reset?
Your Acer Nitro 5 could be stuck during a factory reset due to hardware failure, driver issues, or a Windows installation. You can wait a while when this issue arises, as the computer might only be temporarily stuck. Alternatively, you could change your Nitro 5 BIOS settings or use a bootable DVD or USB stick.
Where Is Reset Pinhole Location in Acer Nitro 5 Battery?
The reset pinhole is located at the back of the laptop near its battery, with a battery icon beside it. If you have power issues, you can use the reset pinhole to reset your laptop battery.
How To Hard Reset Acer Nitro 5?
To hard reset your Acer Nitro 5, disconnect your power adapter, remove the battery by pulling it up and out from the left side, and press the power button for approximately 15 seconds. Reconnect your power adapter without the battery and try turning on the laptop again.
What Is The F10 Key On Acer Laptop?
The F10 key on the Acer keyboard is on the first row of the device keyboard. You can use the Alt key button to restore factory defaults if your computer has a seemingly unsolvable problem.
How Do I Factory Reset My Acer Laptop Using Command Prompt?
To factory reset your Windows 10 computer using the command prompt, go to the search bar, type in the command prompt, and run it as administrator. You’ll then enter the prompt for factory reset (system reset –factory reset.) The computer will ask you to confirm the reset process, after which your laptop will reset to factory settings.
How Do I Reset My Acer Nitro 5 to Factory Settings?
The most common way to reset your Acer Nitro 5 to factory settings is through your device settings. Alternatively, you can do it through the Acer Care Center or the Windows Recovery Environment. It’s all about knowing the processes involved in the methods you want to use.
How Do I Reset My Acer Laptop if My Alt F10 Won’t Work?
You can reset your Acer laptop through the settings app or the Acer Care Center if your device’s Alt and F10 buttons aren’t working. Using these methods won’t require you to use any of these buttons. It would help to consider repairing the Alt and F10 keys, as you might need them later for other tasks.
How Do I Reboot My Acer Laptop Without a Disk?
Power On your computer and press the F8 button to enter the boot-up screen. The computer will take you to the boot-up screen, where you can select your boot option. Since you don’t have a disk inserted, choose your preferred method from any alternative boot modes and press enter to confirm your selection.
How To Factory Reset Acer An515 54?
Factory resetting your Acer An515 54 is the same for all Acer Nitro 5 models. You can go through the device settings, Acer Care Center, or use the Windows Recovery Environment if you don’t have your computer password.
What Is The N Button On Acer Nitro 5?
Acer Nitro 5 has a unique ‘N’ button, which you can use to activate the device’s NitroSense utility. The NitroSense utility lets you adjust the cooling fan speed, customize keyboard lightning, and help you select a power plan.
The terms associated with factory resetting your device are simple, you’ll lose all the files on your computer unless you back them up. Luckily, there are many options for resetting your Acer laptop, and it’s all about knowing the perfect one for your scenario.
If your computer doesn’t return to normal after the reset, consider contacting Acer support or a qualified professional to look it up. Lastly, it would help not to attempt the reset if you don’t know how to do it, as messing it up could worsen the issues with your computer.
You would also like these (Give it a read):
- Does Acer Nitro 5 Have Displayport?
- Can Acer Nitro 5 Run Without Battery?
- Is Acer Nitro 5 Durable?
- Does Acer Nitro 5 Have HDMI Input?
- Can You Change Graphics Card In Acer Nitro 5?
- Why Does My Acer Nitro 5 Keeps Turning Off?
- Why Is My Acer Nitro 5 Not Charging?
- Is The Acer Nitro 5 Worth It?
- Is Acer Nitro 5 Good For Work?
- How To Change Keyboard Color On Acer Nitro 5?
- Can Acer Nitro 5 Run Warzone?
- Acer Nitro 5 Best Settings For Better Performance And Gaming.
- Can Acer Nitro 5 Run Cyberpunk 2077?
- Is Acer Nitro 5 Good For Programming?
- Is Acer Nitro 5 Good For Students?
- Can You Overclock Acer Nitro 5?
- Is The Acer Nitro 5 Compatible With Oculus Quest 2?
- Is Acer Nitro 5 Good For Gaming?
- (11 Solutions) No Bootable Device Acer
- Does Acer PH315-54-760s Display Over USB C?
- Why Won’t My Acer Spin 3 Screen Won’t Turn On?