Resetting your device can be a serious hassle, especially when you’ve attempted everything else and nothing seems to resolve the issue. The only option you are left with is to restore to factory settings.
Factory reset usually comes as a last resort for device recovery. A factory reset is sometimes executed to free up space and improve device speed.
The factory reset process for Chromebook is an easy task, and you can make your Chromebook run like a renewed device with a factory reset. However, a factory reset erases all the information on your Chromebook’s hard drive.
How To Factory Reset Chromebook Without Password? (Step-By-Step)
If perhaps you forgot the password to your Chromebook and want to unlock it without a password, apply the following steps:
This will engage the factory reset process on your Chromebook without a password.
- Restart your device.
- On the login screen, Press the Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R keys simultaneously on your device (Chromebook) keyboard.
- Click on Powerwash.
- Select Reset.
How Do I Remove Owner From Chromebook Without Password?
To do this, you’ll have to execute a reset and erase all existing accounts. Ensure to back up any essential files. With that, here’s how you can remove an owner from a Chromebook without a password:
- Sign out of your Chromebook account.
- On your device keyboard press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R on your device keyboard simultaneously.
- In the prompting that appears, click “Restart.”
- Click “Powerwash.”
- Click “Continue.”
- Follow the prompting on display and sign in with your Google Account.
This account will be assigned as the new owner account.
How Do I Bypass The Administrator Password On My Chromebook?
Bypassing the administrator on your Chromebook may require you to switch to Developer Mode. Follow these procedures:
- Simultaneously press and hold the Esc + Refresh + Power buttons on your Chromebook keyboard.
- Press Ctrl + D.
- Press the Enter key. This will take you to Developer Mode. Your Chromebook will load up all data; ensure you DO NOT turn it off yourself.
- In the Developer Mode, your Chromebook will engage a restart, and initialization of the Developer Mode will begin, bypassing the Chromebook administrator.
How Do You Reset A Locked School Chromebook?
To reset a locked school Chromebook, all you need to do is;
Press and hold the Power + Refresh button for 10 seconds.
How Do You Hard Reset A Chromebook?
- Sign out of the Chromebook.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R simultaneously.
- Click on Restart in the pop-up window.
- Click on PowerWash and choose Continue.
- Follow the on-screen prompting.
- Sign in to your Google Account when instructed. This account will be your Chromebook account after the hard reset is completed.
- Set up your newly reset Chromebook.
How Do I Get Rid Of Managed By Administrator On My Chromebook?
- Launch your browser.
- Click on the icon in the top right corner of the browser.
- Click Manage Extensions
- Browse through the list of installed extensions until you detect the unwanted one you wish to uninstall.
- Click Remove.
Suggested Read – How To Remove School Administrator From Chromebook?
What Happens If You Powerwash Your Chromebook?
If you powerwash your Chromebook, it will be like a new device with improved efficiency and performance.
How To Reset A School Chromebook To Factory Settings
- Sign out of the Chromebook.
- Press and hold the CTRL + Alt + Shift + R keys on the Chromebook keyboard.
- Select Restart.
- Select Powerwash and click on Continue.
The Chromebook will begin the Reset process. Ensure your device is turned on throughout the entire process. Once the process is completed, your Chromebook will no longer be synched with your school’s server or domain. All prior accounts that were logged in have now been erased. The on-screen instruction will guide you in setting up your Chromebook.
You can also reset your school Chromebook through DEVELOPER MODE by the following steps:
- Power off your Chromebook and power it back on while you press and hold the ESC + Refresh + Power buttons.
- The Developer mode screen should appear; Press Ctrl + D keys on your Chromebook keyboard to begin the reset process.
- Press Spacebar + Enter simultaneously to avoid the OS verification screen.
- Press Ctrl + D again to confirm.
This will prompt your Chromebook to clear out all data and school accounts.
Can You Factory Reset A Locked Chromebook?
Yes, you can factory reset a locked Chromebook, and Powerwashing the device will reset and make it new.
Can I Powerwash a School Chromebook?
Yes, you can powerwash a school Chromebook; however, ensure that your backup data is on the device before you powerwash.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Chromebook Without a Password?
Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R and then select Restart, Powerwash. Click on Continue.
The best way to go about wholly renewing your Chromebook, whether used for school or other administrative purposes, is to factory reset or powerwash.
This will clear all data and accounts from the system, creating a device free of external interferences and restrictions.
Important – Always remove an institution’s or school administrator from Chromebook with their permission.
You would also like these (Give it a read):