The Acer Nitro 5 is a budget gaming laptop that performs excellently, considering the excellent budget. The processor and graphics card are enough to run most PC games at high settings, but what if you want more? One way to make the computer faster if you want more from it is to consider overclocking your Acer Nitro 5.
Before overclocking, you need to ask if it’s even possible to overclock the computer in the first place. Luckily, it’s possible to overclock your Nitro 5, and you’ll find out how to do it in this article.
Can You Overclock Acer Nitro 5?
You can overclock the Acer Nitro 5 if you want to because it has an overclockable processor. Manufacturers designed the computer cooler to work just fine with the processor’s default operating capacity, and overclocking it might end up frying your processor.
If you’ll overclock the system, ensure you know a lot about the process, as doing it wrongly could be damaging.
How To Overclock Acer Nitro 5 (Step-By-Step)
The easiest way to overclock your Nitro 5 laptop is through the BIOS. Follow these steps to overclock your Acer Nitro 5 laptop using BIOS.
- Power on your laptop and head over to its BIOS settings.
- Go to the CPU settings page.
- Enable the CPU Host Clock Controller under the CPU settings page and increase the CPU frequency to your satisfaction. It’s advisable to increase the frequency by 5 percent at first.
- Restart the laptop and check the functionality. If it doesn’t suit you, you can always come back to adjust it. Keep increasing the CPU until you’re satisfied. However, please don’t increase the frequency by more than 20%, as it could crash your system. Shut down the system if you suspect malfunctioning in the laptop.
Overclock Your Laptop Using The Turbo Boost Method
Alternatively, you can overclock your computer using the Turbo Boost method.
- Download Intel Turbo Boost and go through the documentation.
- Follow the manual to overclock your CPU.
- Test your Laptop’s performance after the overclock to determine if it’s suitable for use.
Can You Overclock Any Acer Laptops?
While you can’t overclock most Acer laptops, you certainly can overclock the Acer AMD Ryzen 5 3550H 4-Core 2.1 and some versions of the Nitro 5. It’s also possible to overclock the Acer Aspire laptop and other high-end Acer laptops. It’s all about knowing the processes that’ll allow you to perform a successful overclock.
Can I Overclock My Acer Nitro 5 With The BIOS?
It’s possible to overclock your Acer Nitro 5 from the BIOS. In your BIOS, you can manually adjust settings like voltage and frequencies. When you overclock from your BIOS, you’ll have better control over crucial aspects of your device performance settings to help get a better overclock and increased performance result.
Is It Safe To Overclock A Acer Nitro 5?
While it isn’t overly dangerous to overclock your Nitro 5, it isn’t completely safe. However, there are fail-safe mechanisms when you overclock that will make your computer turn off or crash rather than damage it if things go wrong. Overdoing it when overclocking your laptop will only fry your processor, which will incur significant repair costs.
How Do I Turbo Boost My Acer Aspire 5?
Go to power options by right-clicking on the battery icon and selecting “High-Performance Power Plan.” This simple process will enable Turbo Boost on your Acer Aspire Laptop.
How Do I Overclock RAM On My Acer Laptop?
Many think overclocking only concerns the GPU and CPU; you can also overclock your RAM. Overclocking your RAM will make it faster and increase your laptop’s performance. You can overclock your RAM through BIOS using the Intel Extreme Memory Profile.
Can I Upgrade My Laptop Processor In Nitro 5?
You can upgrade the RAM and storage on your Acer Nitro 5. The RAM is upgradable to 32GB, while you can upgrade the storage to up to 1TB. However, you can’t upgrade the processor as Acer soldered it into the motherboard; consider getting a laptop with a more potent processor for better performance.
How Do I Overclock My Acer Nitro 5 Monitor?
You can overclock your Acer Nitro 5 monitor through settings; right-click on the desktop, select display settings, and select advanced display settings. Go to the monitor tab, and the computer will list the custom refresh rate under the screen refresh rate. Select your preferred refresh rate and press Ok to lock it in.
How To Overclock Acer Nitro 5 Ryzen?
Overclocking your Nitro 5 Ryzen is as simple as following some simple instructions. Updating your BIOS will increase the speed and stability of your laptop. Additionally, adjust your memory speed and install a clean version of Windows on the system.
How To Overclock Acer Nitro 5 Display?
Gamers who desire an increased refresh rate can overclock their laptop’s display through the graphic card settings or Custom Resolution Utility. To overclock using the CRU tool and follow the appropriate instructions. If you prefer the GPU settings method, locate it on your Nitro 5 and adjust it to your satisfaction.
How Much FPS Does Acer Nitro 5 Have?
The Nitro 5 FPS performs averagely, as expected for a budget gaming laptop, with an average of 60FPS across most AAA games. However, the device can handle far more depending on the game you’re playing and the settings.
Can I Upgrade Nitro 5 GPU?
As I mentioned, you can only upgrade the RAM and storage in your Acer Nitro 5. You can’t upgrade the GPU or processor because it’s generally impossible to upgrade those in laptops, and upgrading the GPU or processor is more common among gaming PCs than laptops.
Overclocking your Nitro 5 is possible but very unnecessary. In the long run, the computer may start having problems as you’ve altered critical components on the computer. Moreover, you’ll void your Acer Nitro 5’s warranty and undoubtedly begin to have problems when you overclock past what the laptop can handle.
Getting a more powerful laptop is best if you want faster processing power instead of overclocking your Nitro 5.
You would also like these (Give it a read):
- Does Acer Nitro 5 Have Displayport?
- Can Acer Nitro 5 Run Without Battery?
- Is Acer Nitro 5 Durable?
- Does Acer Nitro 5 Have HDMI Input?
- Can You Change Graphics Card In Acer Nitro 5?
- Why Does My Acer Nitro 5 Keeps Turning Off?
- Why Is My Acer Nitro 5 Not Charging?
- Is The Acer Nitro 5 Worth It?
- Is Acer Nitro 5 Good For Work?
- How To Change Keyboard Color On Acer Nitro 5?
- Can Acer Nitro 5 Run Warzone?
- How To Factory Reset Acer Nitro 5?
- Acer Nitro 5 Best Settings For Better Performance And Gaming.
- Can Acer Nitro 5 Run Cyberpunk 2077?
- Is Acer Nitro 5 Good For Programming?
- Is Acer Nitro 5 Good For Students?
- Is The Acer Nitro 5 Compatible With Oculus Quest 2?
- Does Acer Nitro 5 Have MUX Switch?
- Is Acer Nitro 5 Good For Video Editing?
- Is Acer Nitro 5 Good For Gaming?
- (11 Solutions) No Bootable Device Acer
- Does Acer PH315-54-760s Display Over USB C?
- Why Won’t My Acer Spin 3 Screen Won’t Turn On?